Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Lasting Reputation

"I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war." - Revelation 19:11

We can become known for a multitude of things. And it is amazing how far we can carry a reputation. The girl who dropped her lunch tray in the third grade can carry that reputation all the way through high school. The high school jock can carry that reputation into his career. The career-driven executive can carry that reputation in her relationships. And the list goes on and on.

In the verse above, Jesus (the rider) is known as “faithful and true.” That is an incredible reputation. Jesus proved himself faithful as he lived a sinless life, despite facing the same tempta¬tions you and I face. Jesus was faithful to God’s call on his life, even as he endured the cross for our sins. And he has remained faithful to all who called on his name for salvation.
Jesus is true. He proved it while he walked the earth as he demonstrated the reality that he truly is God. And he demonstrates his truthfulness as his promises for life are fulfilled in the lives of believers.

Jesus’ reputation is one of faithfulness and truth. What are you known for? Remember, the decisions you make will determine your reputation. And it’s a reputation you will carry with you for the rest of your life.

You aren’t known for what you would like to have done. You are not known for how you should have acted. Don’t miss the opportunities to follow Jesus’ lead and be known as faithful and true.


A Prayer for Today
Dear God, I want to live in such a way that I am known as being faithful and true in all areas of my life. Help me to make decisions that reflect the reputation I want to build so that I can truly and faithfully glorify you. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

No comments: