Saturday, November 22, 2008

Vanishing Point

Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.
James 4:13-14

Good fishermen will leave out early in the morning, when it is dark, calm and quiet outside. Fishermen don't sleep in and they don't waste time hitting the snooze button. They make the most out of all the time that is available in their day. Their wake up call might come so early, in fact, that they could get a glimpse of a morning fog.

Just like that momentary fog on the water, our time here on earth is evaporating. Are you spending your life putting off the things God wants you to do, thinking that there's plenty of time? Or are you seizing every moment and making good use of every minute?

In the verses above, James is telling us that time has no guarantees. He's challenging us to focus on what we can do today.

What are some of the things you have been procrastinating? Who has God laid on your heart and asked you to reach out to? Don't delay. Life is too short and too uncertain. So take every opportunity you can to find and fulfill your God-given purpose here on earth.

Dear God, Please help me to not put off the things you ask me to do. Reveal your plans to me so that I may know your purpose and will for my life. And help me seize every moment so that I can make a difference on this earth for you. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: